Did You Know?
That just over 1 in 4 of today’s 20-year-olds will become disabled before reaching age 67?
Protection for Your Family if You Cannot Work
What happens to your family, home and lifestyle if you are incapacitated due to an illness or accident? How would you provide for your family? Who will pay the mortgage, utilities, groceries, credit card bills? Health insurance doesn’t take care of any of these expenses.
Disability income protection is additional income in the event that you are disabled and unable to work due to illness or an accident. Benefits can begin after as soon as 7 days if elected and can continue for up to 24 consecutive months. Maternity is considered an illness.
- Guaranteed issue, if actively working
- Tax-free benefits, payable in addition to any other income the insured is receiving, i.e., sick leave, paycheck, workman’s comp
- On-the-job injuries, covered at 50% of benefits
- 7, 14 or 30-day waiting period, insured’s choice
- Monthly benefit level, from $300, not to exceed 60% of insured’s monthly income
- Pregnancies covered as illness
- Additional lump-sum amounts paid for certain injuries
- Spouse coverage available
For questions, call SF&C • 1-800-876-7768 • Jeff Patti